We offer several orientation and training sessions for your staff. We provide the session at your site, and we can customize the program to fit your needs.
The Fund Development Tune-Up
Looking for a way to increase the number of gifts you receive each year? The Institute is now offering The Fund Development Tune-Up, a 3-hour session (held at your offices, or a location of your choosing) which looks at best practices in community foundation fund development and examines ways that you can apply those techniques at your community foundation.
Participants will learn about:
- The Community Foundation Field – Who Grew, and Why?
- Insights From Fast-Growing Community Foundations
- Sharpening Your Tools
- The Next Ten Donors Who Will Walk Through Your Door
- Tapping Communities of Interest and Identifying Champions
- Turning Your Professional Advisors Into Advocates
- The Big Development Question – Which Answer is Right for You?
How much is The Fund Development Tune-Up? Probably a lot less than you might think. Drop me a line at email@example.com and I'll send you a proposal. Or, better yet, give me a call. It’s a small investment but it could pay big dividends for your bottom line.
Ready, Set ... Go!: Understanding Community Foundations
This one-day course is designed to give new staff a basic understanding of community foundations. Topics include an overview of the community foundation field, governance, finance and administration, investments, and fund development.
Participants Ready, Set ... Go! will learn about:
- History of the Community Foundation Field
- A Look at the Community Foundation Field Today
- Laws and Regulations Effecting Community Foundations
- Governance of Community Foundations
- Types of Charitable Funds
- Community Foundation Finance and Investment
- Awarding Grants and Scholarships
- Donors and Gifts
Ready, Set ... Go! is provided on-site and can accommodate up to 15 participants. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll send you a proposal.
Beyond the Numbers:
Intermediate Training for Finance Staff
Understanding finance and investment issues for community foundations can be a challenge. In this course, we provide extensive training to staff members with finance responsibility, or volunteers with finance-related committees.
Participants in Beyond the Numbers will learn about:
- Fund Accounting and Preparation of Fund Statements
- Financial Reporting
- Internal Controls
- Accounting for Gifts
- Preparation of Form 990
- Completion of an Annual Audit
Send us an email at email@example.com, and we'll send you a proposal.